Thursday, July 22, 2010

New blog. New adventures.

So I'm jumping on the blog wagon and starting my own. I've decided to explore what Oregon has to offer. I've been here a year and a half and really can't say that I've done all that much. I keep reminding myself of things I'd like to do this summer, and yet have not made the plans necessary. So, I am making it official. This summer is the start of experiencing new things, and some old in new settings. I'd like to share them with whomever is interested and just have a diary for myself. I have several things on my list, many of which I aspire to check off in the next coming months, and some which may linger a while longer. I'd also love to receive any suggestions you may offer. No limits. Well, maybe financial limits.

One thing I did to find new things to do was join a website called "Meetup." You can sign up for groups for anywhere and list your interests and groups you are wanting to attend. For instance I signed up for salsa dancing, volleyball, yoga, photography... pretty much anything I remotely like I can list and then search for groups based on my interests. I attended my first Meetup get-together tonight to play volleyball in NE Portland. I won't be going back due to the distance from my house and the beginner level play, but it was still fun. Meetup may lead me to a free outdoor Latin concert/dancing tomorrow night. Stay tuned!




1 comment:

  1. Yay! Looking forward to following your adventures.

    ReplyDelete