Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day Out With Emi!






I got to spend this beautiful day with my manager and friend, Emi. She suggested Rhododendron Park which neither of us had been to before. The park is small, but serene and beautiful. As for rhododendron, I think we may have seen 2? Haha, nevertheless, it was a scenic and pleasant walk. The ducks weren't shy one bit. In fact, they were rather demanding! They followed me around expecting treats and made me feel guilty for being empty handed. We saw fearless squirrels everywhere. We saw a blue jay and even a humming bird. I felt a little like Snow White expecting flocks of birds to descend upon me while a choir serenaded me. :P After the garden we checked out the Kennedy School. It's an old retired elementary school that's been converted into an McMenamin's brew pub and hotel. Emi treated me to a nice birthday lunch outside before we lounged for a bit in the soaking pool. Very relaxing and quiet. We were both ready for a nap after that but she had to go to school, and I had to work on getting my keys out of my locked car AGAIN. Sigh. All in all a very mellow pleasant day. Thanks Emi! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment