Thursday, August 5, 2010

Sauvie Island/Collins Beach

Today was most definitely an adventure! Sauvie Island is just north of Portland and is home to many Oregon farmers and to one of two clothing optional beaches in Oregon. That's right my friends, I went to a nude beach! ;) And what a perfect day for it. Not a cloud in the sky and hot! I giggled to myself walking up to the beach and seeing all shapes and sizes, young and old, wrinkly and smooth, stark naked playing volleyball, swimming, and lying on beach towels. My natural resistance and self-consciousness only lasted about 20 seconds and the top came off. Wow! How liberating! I'm more embarrassed to look in the mirror naked than around these people. I hemmed and hawed over whether or not to take off my bottoms, but I wasn't gonna let all that careful shaving go to waste, so off they came. Then in an instant all vanity, self deprecation, and guilt were gone. I loved it! All I had intended was to get rid of some tan lines, but I also found a place of serene comfort. I don't know that I would play volleyball whilst jiggling about like some of the more daring and experienced nudists, but I'll definitely go back. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment